The Journals@Ovid Nursing Collection provides full-text access (from 1995 - present) to over 100 highly respected medical and nursing journals published by Lippincott, Williams & Wilkins. It is one of the most important sources for nursing research available to Piedmont University students.
Like JSTOR and SAGE, Journals@Ovid doesn't provide ready-made permalinks. You have to create a Journals@Ovid permalink yourself. Fortunately, it is very easy to do and uses the same method as JSTOR.
Let's use an article from the Journal of Trauma Nursing for this example: Impact of Early Tranexamic Acid Administration on Overall Blood Product Utilization at 24 Hours from the Journal of Trauma Nursing (click the link to see live).
1. From this brief display, click on the Article as PDF link.
2. At the next screen, click on the Email Jumpstart button in the header.
3. When the popup window opens, highlight the URL shown and press CTRL-C to copy it to the clipboard.
4. Visit the OpenAthens Link Generator for Piedmont University. (OpenAthens is our user authentication service. OA also dictates how permalinks must be formed.)
Paste your URL using CTRL-V into the Enter Your Links field, where the arrow is pointing. (You don't need to press Enter to produce your OpenAthens permalink; the action of pasting creates your permalink.)
5. Click the Copy button to copy it to the clipboard. You can now use this URL to create a stable link in a Canvas page or a Word document or whatever other use you'd like to make of it.