- The Library strongly recommends use of Internet Explorer for Windows 2000/XP, ver. 5.5 or higher, Internet Explorer for Apple OS 9 or OS X, v. 5.x or higher, or Netscape for Windows 2000/XP or Netscape for Apple OS 9 or OX X, ver. 6.x or higher for the most predictable and reliable use of the MAYFLOWER. Look under the Help/About ... menu choice of your browser to determine the version installed on your computer.
- It is possible, but is discouraged by the Library, to use earlier versions of Internet Explorer or Netscape with MAYFLOWER. The Library strongly recommends that you upgrade your browser as the first step in problem-solving.
- Use of the America Online or the Compuserve web browsers is not recommended with MAYFLOWER. Use of those browsers may produce unreliable and unpredictable behavior. Remember that you can open and use a different web browser while connected to AOL or Compuserve. Just minimize the AOL or Compuserve browser and open Netscape or Internet Explorer to use the MAYFLOWER.
- The Library does not recommend use of the Opera browser, the Mozilla browser, the Safari browser, or the WebTV browser. Results when using the MAYFLOWER with these browsers, or any others not mentioned previously, may be unreliable and unpredictable.
- The MAYFLOWER is available for use 24 hours a day, every day of the year, almost without interruption. The only exception is this: The MAYFLOWER is not available for use between 6:30 AM and 8:00 AM every Thursday for regular system maintenance.
- System maintenance or diagnostic tasks at other times which cause the MAYFLOWER to be unavailable for periods greater than 15 minutes will be posted at least a day in advance on this page, if possible.
- System emergencies are unlikely, but possible at any time. If an emergency causes the system to become unavailable for a period greater than two hours, a notice will be posted on the Library's web site page advising you of progress solving the problem.
- Z39.50 Connection Information
This link will take you to information about making a Z39.50 connection to the MAYFLOWER, and also to information about the Z39.50 Protocol.